ThermiVa treatments deliver controlled thermal energy to the desired areas – external (labia) and/or internal (vaginal) – using the same technology that has been used for years in ThermiTight and ThermiSmooth procedures to reduce the effects of aging. The complete ThermiVa procedure includes 3 separate treatments over a period of 3 months. There is no downtime other than the office appointments, and no anesthetics are required. Patients are comfortable, relaxed and very pleased with the noticeable results.
How it works: Specifically, it contracts the tissues to a tighter bundle. It also encourages new tighter collagen production and may help in tissue and nerve healing. Radiofrequency’s therapeutic effects on muscular and tissue healing is well known and used in physical therapy practices for decades.
Once you are settled and comfortable the device is placed on each zone for 3-5 minutes: the left and right labia majora, and the ventral, dorsal, left and right surfaces of the vaginal wall. Total treatment time was less than 30 minutes. A complete course of therapy consisted up to three treatments with the device, at an interval of approximately one month (4-6 weeks).
Most patients described the treatment as pleasant and very comfortable. Patients are able to resume all activity, including sexual intercourse, as normal immediately after each treatment. The heat sensation that slowly builds as the device is moved in a sweeping motion over each area is close to that of the heat sensation you get when hot wax is put on you at a waxing appointment. It is hot, but not uncomfortable or alarming. The constant motion also helps to create a very comfortable treatment.
Significant improvement will be seen in improved moistness and comfort, stress urinary incontinence, and orgasmic dysfunction, complaints of vaginal dryness and appearance.
All patients that have been treated with this procedure were happy about the treatment and results, and would undergo it again and recommend treatment to others. Some tightening results are visible immediately after the first treatment but the full outcome takes a few months to fully manifest. Outcomes last 9 to 12 months before a touch-up is required, so patients can expect to need an additional maintenance session once or twice a year.
Complimentary consultations with the doctor are available to get specific answers about your individual needs and desires and to review before and after photos.
1. Vaginal Laxity: this will tighten the vagina at the opening and the full length of the vagina that is noticeable to patient and partner.
2. Vulvar/Labial Laxity: this will tighten the labial tissues and reduce sag and “Camel Toes.” It results in softer and smoother skin that is very noticeable. More comfort in tight clothing, less self awareness in leotards and bikinis.
3. Vaginal/Vulvar Dryness or Atrophic Vaginitis: this will add softer and thicker skin and more moisture both internally and externally to make daily life and sexual intercourse more comfortable without the use of hormones.
4. Mild to Moderate Stress Incontinence: this will reduce accidents and leakage and may reduce urge symptoms. Along with Kegel Exercises women may avoid the use of mesh slings in their vaginas.
5. Sexual or Orgasmic Dysfunction: may result in increased sensitivity, more coordinated and stronger muscular contractions, and ability to achieve orgasms in a shorter time period.